The Ardanwen Falconry provides impressive birds of prey demonstrations in Meerbeke and the surrounding areas for communions, weddings, medieval reenactments and other events. You can choose from various packages for individuals, companies and schools. NB: not all events are authorized to host birds of prey demonstrations in Flanders. Please check first by contacting the Ardanwen Falconry to see whether your event is suitable.
Birds of prey demonstration: Package 1
The birds are introduced briefly during the first package. The shows last around half an hour and can be repeated three or four times. That depends on how long the Ardanwen Falconry is at your event.
People aren’t allowed to handle a bird in this package. The focus is on demonstrations.
It’s important to know that none of the falcons can fly if the event is ‘indoors’. ‘Outdoor’ flying will require an area of approximately 20 m x 20 m. Some of the birds can’t fly in public and the falcons will require some space to move around.
Birds of prey demonstration: Package 2
A second package involves setting up a stand where the falconry keeps the birds of prey flying throughout. This means that there is both space and time for people to handle a bird of prey. Only one location is required for this package. The stand is then used for working with the birds of prey.
Want to surprise someone with a falconry workshop? Now you can. Head to the Ardanwen Falconry for this unique experience. The workshops are STRICTLY private: you can invite your own guests. They cater for up to a dozen people.
You will be welcomed with a drink, given a basic explanation and introduced to the falconry and birds. Then the real flying begins. The aim is that the participants learn how to work with the birds themselves. First with buzzards and owls and only then with the kings of our sky: eagles. This type of workshop lasts two to three hours and can only be staged in dry weather.
Don’t forget to bring suitable clothes and shoes as the activity will move outdoors.
Would you like a gift voucher for one of these workshops or more information about birds of prey demonstrations in Meerbeke? Then please contact the Ardanwen Falconry.
Falconry on horseback
You can now visit this falconry for all types of demonstrations, workshops and shows involving both birds of prey and horses. Interested? Feel free to give us a call.
Birds of prey school visits
Ardanwen also organizes demonstrations for schools, where trainers teach with and about birds of prey. Do you work in a school in Flanders or the Netherlands? Then we will be happy to provide a free lesson with fixed expenses depending on the region.
The Ardanwen Falconry will provide a handful of birds and give information about them all afternoon. And, of course, some demonstrations are essential! Finally, all of the children can hold a bird of prey and possibly fly it themselves.
The only thing the school requires is a room, dining hall or large classroom that can host the event and is accessible by car.
Terms and conditions
Please find the terms and conditions to be followed when booking a demonstration below. Do you have any questions or would you like more information? Then please contact the Ardanwen Falconry.
Animals on show
- we require a specified stand area for public events (shows, fairs, etc.) to ensure our animals’ safety.
- a tent to provide shelter in bad/good weather.
- the possibility to access the stand by car and park nearby so that we can reach the transport box easily and safely if there are any problems with the animals.
- we always have a vet available, who is as close as possible in the event of an emergency.
- the bird of prey demonstration will be cancelled should we feel that our animals’ safety is being compromised.
- all the birds flown separately wear a transmitter for safety reasons.
- all of our demonstrations are given with educational aims.
Our show teams
- drinks for team members (normally two people, but there can be up to x people for large events) for half a day.
- something to eat in the afternoon should the demo last the full day.
- additional terms and conditions may apply depending on the situation.
All the birds of prey meet legal requirements. The falconry also meets legal obligations and is subject to a strict insurance policy. You can take photos of the birds of prey throughout any of the demonstrations held at festive events or markets.